Palliative Care Australia’s online art competition is back again in 2019, with this year’s competition including a physical exhibition at the 2019 Oceanic Palliative Care Conference (19OPCC) in Perth between 10 – 13 September.
This year’s theme is “To Infinity & Beyond”, which encourages artists to consider beyond the limitations that are often placed on those living with life-limiting conditions, and focus on the potential opportunities for love, laughter, creativity and fulfilment at the end of life.
There are lots of different prizes on offer including:
- Overall winner as chosen by the panel of judges: $1,000 prize money
- People’s Choice as voted by the Australian public: $500 prize money
- PCA prize as chosen by Palliative Care Australia: non-monetary prize to have your artwork featured on our marketing and promotional material.
And three new prize categories including:
- 19OPCC Delegates choice as voted by 19OPCC Conference Delegates: $500 prize money
- Young Artist Award for artists under 18: $200
- Emerging Artist Award, for new and aspiring artists: $200.
We will announce all winners at 19OPCC!
For full competition details, including Terms and Conditions and details about submitting your entry please visit the Dying to Talk website.
Entries for the competition will be accepted between 15 May 2019 and 17 July 2019, with voting for the people’s choice to occur between 18 July 2019 and 3 September 2019.
In addition to selecting our overall winner our panel of judges will also shortlist a group of artworks to be featured in a physical exhibition at 19OPCC this September.
Pictured above is a selection of the entries from last year’s competition. View all the 2018 artworks here